Tuesday, January 28, 2014

let's try this again

Hello, world. The last time I blogged was during the summer about cookies. Now I am craving those cookies. Which is inconvenient for me because once again we are ovenless. We lived with out one before and we can/ will do it again. Since July many changes have happened in our life. To name a few- we went to India, moved to AZ and Taylor started grad school. I am not going to try and document passed events, I am just going to start again from where we are now. Madrid, Spain. We are here for Taylor to go to school. He is doing a semester abroad and I am very happy about the location choice. Thank you Thunderbird! Before we arrived in Spain (yesterday!) we flew to Europe a week early to visit a few places I have been dying to see.  Our first stop was London. Before, London was a charming and sophisticated place in my mind ( probably because of the accents).


          ^^The London eye. A farris wheel that takes 30 min to go completely around. Apparently at the top is the best view of London. Sadly, we did not experience it. Also pictured- Elizabeth's tower housing Big Ben as it rings every hour, accompanying the Palace of Westminster aka House of Parliament. ^^






         ^^ we did indeed make our way to King's Cross. What kind of Harry Potter fans would be if we did not try to pass through platform 9 3/4 to make our way to Hogwarts? ^^


     ^^ The tower bridge. Most people think this is London bridge ( which is nothing special). Did you know the original London bridge is now in Arizona? Too bad it looks nothing like this. ^^







    ^^ Buckingham Palace. Sadly there were no sightings of the Queen, William, Kate, baby George or Harry. Come to find out none of them live in London. The Buckingham Palace does not provide enough space for the Queen to ride her horses.^^


I would suggest to anyone who travels to Europe, to find a free walking tour. Your can use Google to find different walking tour companies in the area and where they meet. In my opinion, they are one of the best ways to experience the city and learn while you are doing it. At the end, you tip your guide depending on how well you liked them. I learned many facts about London I wouldn't have known other wise and saw things I wouldn't have noticed before. I love walking tours.

London was well worth our time. We only spent two in a half days there, but I feel like I got to see just about everything I wanted. The only down side to London was not about the place itself, but our airbnb accommodations! Upon arrival we learned the heater and hot water were not working. Carefully washing my hair, leaning over the tub as to not splash any ice cold water on me, was quite a task. By night 3 all heaters and furnaces returned to working order. No more sponge bathing or cold nights. It was the best way to end our stay.

 Until next time, London.

No comments:

Post a Comment