Tuesday, April 23, 2013

the time I pet a tiger



 Taylor and I watched the Life of Pi over the weekend. I recognized Pi's fear in Richard Parker as the same fear I had when I entered that massive tiger's cage. My heart has never beat so fast. I was sure he was going to pounce at any moment. Thailand has all sorts of animal encounters and petting tigers was one we could not pass by.( ironically I even had a tiger shirt on)  We saw the adult, medium and baby tigers. Those poor sedated animals had no clue what was going on.  The workers came into the cages with us to make sure we didn't touch their faces. Taylor got really intimate with the tiger. They cuddled for a while- Taylor's choice of course.
 Pretty sure if the workers weren't watching my every move I would have swooped up that baby and carried him home. Just like the baby elephant from this post

No comments:

Post a Comment