Monday, March 18, 2013

Bangkok




 Bangkok was the first stop on the Dame family Thailand trip of a life time. It was extremely hot. Grey probably wasn't my best color pick for the day. But hey what can you do. Before I left my dad kept raving about Bangkok. He's traveled there for work and clearly he was impressed. That got me excited because he claims he hates traveling and going places.. huh.. obviously I didn't inherit my love of travel from him.

The Thai people love their sparkle. The temples were glamorous. The main religion is Buddhism and those are a couple of cute monks in training sitting up there on the stairs. They are all about creating good luck and the portraits of the king & queen placed on every corner are granting people
just that.

We strolled through the streets wandering through temples and the grand palace. It is quite the place and you should see it for your self. 

2 comments: