Thursday, October 4, 2012

one year




 we did it. we surpassed our one year mark which bumped us from the newly wed category to just wed. & I am ok with that. Newly or not I like being married.

Taylor may deny it but he is a romantic & is full of surprises with with each little celebration we have. Since our anniversary was on a Sunday and clearly booked with the usual church activities as well as the season premiere of Revenge, we celebrated on Saturday. I came home from the gym to find my rose sitting on the counter. My "final rose" & I was more than happy to be treated like the "bachlorette" for a day - we all know how spoiled they are. After a good morning of pumpkin pancakes & the beach we drove to Honolulu.

Taylor made us reservations at a restaurant in Waikiki over looking the ocean & made sure we got there just in time for sunset. It was beautiful! Sandwiched between diamond head & the ocean we were dining happy. And just because it was our anniversary our server gave us all the desserts on the menu to try. It was heavenly.

Before I got married I remember people telling me the first year is always the hardest. I don't know what it is, maybe its the fact we live in Hawaii, have been blessed to travel, our great friends & family or just plain we love each other, but this year has been one of my best so far. Now on to year two & creating another "best".

1 comment:

  1. how cute! congrats you guys! what a fun day you must have had :) glad he was romantic ;)

    ReplyDelete