Sunday, September 9, 2012

kayak kauai







 Taylor has been wanting to kayak the Na Pali coast in Kauai for months. Every so often he would casually bring it up to make sure I hadn't forgotten & was still on board. Last week, we did it. With the Roberts, we kayaked the 16 mile coast line. We spent three days making our journey from one end to the other.

The first day we kayaked four hours. It was a new experience for my arms. Good thing Taylor has enough strength for the both of us, or I would still be kayaking in a circle getting nowhere.
The one advantage to kayaking- you are constantly staring at the most beautiful mountains. There were caves we got to paddle through & explore while the tour boats don't. The boys took advantage of every opportunity to jump from every cliff possible.- i wish i could show you the videos but the ocean stole taylor's go pro, it was a sad loss.

We camped on Kalalau beach- which is equipped with enough guavas & hippies for a lifetime. We hiked around the valley, finding various swimming holes & waterfalls. Taylor got pretty good at making peanut butter, chocolate chip, marshmallow tortillas and warming my veggie soup by the fire. I became proud of my newly found camping skills ( not saying I want to practice those again anytime soon- i like my bed) & successfully boarded two flights with out any identification- though I do not recommend it.
I am happy we got to do this & with great friends paddling along with. It was beautiful & a perfect way to end our summer.

4 comments:

  1. so fun! glad you guys go to go, and jealous. gosh we still need to do this but this summer it just wouldn't work out. hopefully next yr! awesome pics! you guys will have to give us good tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lisa! ya it was really fun, you & chase should definitely do this before you leave!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pics! New follower to your cute blog!
    http://sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kristal that is so nice of you! I will have to check your blog out as well.

      Delete